Call for Abstracts for Oral and Poster Presentations
Deadline September 14th, 2018
- Please submit abstracts as an MS Word file via email: email@example.com
- Use “2018 Abstract Submission” as Subject of email.
- Indicate whether you would like to be considered for oral* only, poster only, or either.
All abstracts must include:
- Short/concise title in Bold text
- Author list (full names) with presenter underlined
- Affiliations/departments(s) of the authors
- Abstract of postdoctoral project/research
- Title: capitalize the first letter of each word except prepositions, articles, and species names; and do not place a period at the end
- Abstract text is limited to 300 words
- Arial font, size 12 for text
- Please do not include any tables, figures, or diagrams
- Please do not write in ALL CAPS
Example for formatting:
A Comparison of the University of Kansas Mascots
John Smith1 and Baby Jay2
1 Molecular Biosciences, University of Kansas, Lawrence, KS 66047 2Athletics, University of Kansas, Lawrence, KS 66047
For this project, we present a history of the University of Kansas (KU) mascots. We will take the reader/viewer on a journey of the transition from no mascot to the bulldog and, finally, to the Jayhawk. We will further discuss the elusive, beautiful, and rare species of Jayhawk in the Kansas area and why this is the best choice for mascots for KU.
*Oral presentations will run for 20 min each, including Q&A session.